Chair, Worship & Performing Arts Department
Location: 901 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA
The Academic Affairs department is seeking a full-time year/round Faculty Member to Chair our Worship and Performing Arts Department starting in the Fall of 2014 for the purpose leading and administering all aspects of the Worship and Performing Arts Department under the direction of Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Department aims to recruit candidates from diverse backgrounds who share a commitment to high quality teaching, scholarship, service and dedication to students’ ongoing professional development.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Will consider a minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution. An earned Doctorate degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of higher educational teaching experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of ministry experience is preferred.
- A well-articulated philosophy of personal and corporate worship and the use of all of the worship arts therein are required.
Candidates will need to possess the following qualities:
- An ability to lead a team effectively.
- A balanced understanding of the academic and professional tensions between the worship arts and performing arts.
- An ability to relate classroom instruction in the performing arts to practical worship ministry and the professional arts.
- An ability to work with colleagues on corporate projects.
- Proficient communicator
- Proficient with general computer skills.
- An ability to design instruction.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to student’s needs.
For a detailed job description, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume/curriculum vitae; and spiritual testimony to email@example.com. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Lancaster Bible College is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.