Coach/HPE/Sports Management Instructor
Hours: 9 month full-time, faculty position
Location: 901 Eden Rd., Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Bible College has a need for a 9 month full-time Coach/HPE/Sports Management Instructor. This position exists for the purpose of providing classroom instruction in the Health and Physical Education Department and coaching for the Athletic Department
Ideal candidate will possess the following education and experience:
- Required Master’s degree (preferred doctorate) in a health or sport related field
- Previous collegiate participation and/or coaching experience
- Five or more years’ experience within the sport business field
- A demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- A demonstrated ability to develop the academic, spiritual, physical, and social needs of college students.
- Team leadership skills that include developing measurable goals and attaining them while promoting collegiality.
Special Skills - to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Ability to communicate the uniqueness of Lancaster Bible College to prospective students and parents
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Licenses: Current and valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work independently and have the ability to work evenings and weekends to accomplish the tasks necessary for success in this field.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Instructional Responsibilities – (Teach up to eighteen credits each academic year)
- The candidate must have the ability and desire to teach Undergraduate and Graduate courses, teaching expertise in several of the sport management disciplines including sport administration and sport governance, sport finance, legal aspects of sport, globalization/internationalization of sport, sport marketing, or sports information and communications. The teaching of additional courses will be based on interest and expertise and may include research methods and Capstone project/paper supervision. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence and enthusiasm in teaching and student advocacy; the ability to work cooperatively and productively with students, faculty, and staff; a commitment to productivity and professional development; and active engagement in student advisement, departmental and college service including but not limited to faculty standing committees, assessment, program accreditation through COSMA, Pennsylvania Department of Education, and membership in NASSM.
- Ability to articulate clearly a Biblical philosophy of education.
- Ability to articulate clearly the integration of the Bible and physical education/athletics.
- Ability to articulate clearly educational methodologies for classroom usage.
- Cultivate internship opportunities in our local community, including Spooky Nook Sports Complex in Manheim, PA
- Maintain office hours for students outside of class commitments
Athletic Responsibilities – (3 credit hours per semester)
- Initiate, plan, and carryout long term capital campaigns to improve the athletic program.
- Responsible for building and maintaining partnerships with business entities across the country.
- Continue to foster and build relationships with our athletic alumni.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings as needed.
- Serve on campus wide committees as requested, as well as other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume/curriculum vitae; and spiritual testimony to email@example.com. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Lancaster Bible College is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.