Financial Aid Coordinator
This position exists for the purpose of assisting prospective and continuing students in planning and financing their college education and assisting the Director of Financial Aid in the management of internal and external financial resources for students. It is a full-time professional staff position of the college.
Professional Staff Full-time, Exempt
Location: 901 Eden Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
Dimensions of the Position: Specific
Education / Experience - to provide skilled background for the job tasks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an education or business administration field.
- Minimum two years experience in financial aid required.
Special Skills - to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter and able to handle confidential matters.
- Coordinates the college’s participation in the Federal Pell Grant program.
- Complete financial aid packaging for prospective and current students.
- Perform verification of student and parent FAFSA data in compliance with federal criteria
- Determine the types and amounts of financial aid to be awarded through the packaging process according to federal, state, and institutional requirements. Monitors individual student awards.
- Advises students and families regarding financial aid programs offered by federal, state and institution as well as alternative financing options.
- May have to work occasional nights or weekends for outreach events.
- Monitor enrollment status for students.
- Certify and process Federal Direct Loans for students.
- Attend workshops and meetings sponsored by state and federal governments.
- Keep current on all regulatory changes from the state and federal government.
- Complete internal financial aid and statistical reports for students as well as other reports and evaluations as directed.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.
A resume along with a 1-2 page summary of the applicant’s spiritual journey may be submitted to the Human Resources office firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Lancaster Bible College/Capital Seminary and Graduate School is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.