Professor Music Theory, Composition, Piano
Hours: Full-time, 9 month faculty position
Lancaster Bible College is seeking a full-time Professor of Music Theory and Composition to begin on August 1, 2013. This position is responsible for providing classroom instruction, student academic advisement, and leadership in overseeing the Composition emphasis within the Music Performance program, as well as general oversight of the theory/composition academic component for all programs within the department.
Lancaster Bible College is a regionally accredited interdenominational college of approximately 1100 students. Its mission is to educate Christian students to think and live a biblical worldview and to proclaim Christ by serving Him in the church and society.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A well-articulated philosophy of worship that includes the relationship of professional music performance to effective sacred ministry.
- The candidate will have substantial experience in professional composition/arranging as demonstrated by a significant number of published and performed works in a variety of genres.
- Significant teaching and professional performance experience is a must.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate professional piano/keyboard proficiency as well as an articulated understanding of the world of professional composition/arranging specifically as it relates to the publication and performance of works. Experience mentoring college students is essential.
Examples of job duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Participate in all required College meetings and activities.
- Participate on assigned Faculty committee(s).
- Participate in Departmental meetings, leadership events, and activities.
- Oversee the Composition emphasis under the Music Performance program, including academic advising and support to students in the emphasis.
- Teach appropriate courses in the Worship & Performing Arts Department, specifically, though not exclusively, all levels of music theory including electives and practical application courses (Contemporary Theory, Form and Analysis, Counterpoint, etc…), all levels of composition, orchestration and arranging.
- Teach individual Applied Lessons in Composition as needed.
- Teach Applied Lessons in piano and/or organ as needed.
- Be available for regularly scheduled office hours in addition to academic responsibilities as agreed to by the department Chair.
- Assist in the planning and programming of department events.
- Attend and/or participate in scheduled concerts.
- Participate in the recruiting of prospective students to the college and department.
- Assist and/or supervise student auditions.
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.
For a detailed job description, contact email@example.com
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume/curriculum vitae; and spiritual testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.