Full-time, Professional Staff
This position exists for the purpose of effectively assisting in all activities related to the identifying, recruiting, and admitting of students to Lancaster Bible College.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably from a Bible College
- Experience in Admissions preferred
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and able to handle confidential matters
- Self-manager and able to handle larger workloads
- An attitude to make an impact in the lives of students and families
Examples of job duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Represent the College at selected conventions, retreats, college fairs, churches and high schools. Will occasionally include evening and weekend work
- Recruit students by identifying prospects and developing relationships with various interest groups
- Communicate and build relationships with prospective students/applicants and families on a consistent basis. Manage a large number of applicants (200+)
- Actively recruit committed students to enrollment. Manage a large number of enrolled students (70+)
- Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor will be expected to review applications and to assist in the acceptance process
- Provide campus tours and informational sessions to College guests as needed
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of campus visits as needed
- Assist in the planning of trips to other institutions to recruit transfer students
- Recruit students through multiple modes including; phone calls, emails, texting and mailings
- Supervise and give leadership to students in the Student Ambassador Program
- Prepare reports and evaluations as directed by the Director of Admissions Example: Number of contacts, inventory of college literature, college fairs, etc.
- Learn and utilize the college’s student database systems
- Note that work hours may shift due to needs of the recruitment cycle
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry
Interested and qualified candidates should submit cover letter; resume; and spiritual testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Lancaster Bible College is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.