Location: 901 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Bible College is seeking a full-time Worship & Performing Arts Department Assistant. This position exists to provide support for the academic process associated with the Worship & Performing Arts Department.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
Education / Experience - to provide skilled background for the job tasks.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of two years administrative/organizational experience.
- Demonstrated experience in professional, multitask environment.
- Experience in non-profit, educational environment helpful.
- Experience in the worship and performing arts helpful.
Special Skills - to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks. Skill set should include as many of the following as possible:
- Initiative, flexible and follow-through skills.
- Basic departmental financial management and reporting.
- Computer proficiency, preferably in the various programs of MS Office specifically in the use of database, word processing and spreadsheet.
- Proficiency in the use of multiple forms of digital communication is helpful.
- Knowledge of legal compliance issues in the performing arts related to copyright and royalties helpful.
- Office machinery operations.
- Typing skills 50 wpm.
- Multi-line phone experience.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Written and verbal skills with grammatical accuracy.
- Proofing and editing skills.
- File management.
Job Tasks - to determine specific tasks required of the position.
- Maintain organized filing systems (class notes, syllabi, seminars, etc.).
- Schedule and maintain appointment calendars in Outlook.
- Assist Department Chairs and Faculty to fulfill their job tasks.
- Familiarity with College policies and procedures through catalogs and handbooks.
- Supervise student workers.
- Assist with performances, retreats, and ensemble trips hosted by the Department.
- Participation in Departmental meetings which includes taking and typing minutes.
- Oversee department financial processes under the authority of the W&PA chair and in coordination/agreement with the College Business Office.
- Handle all departmental phone calls and walk-in visitors pleasantly and courteously, being always approachable.
- Represent the faculty in a positive and approachable manner.
- Type efficiently and accurately correspondence, memos, reports as directed.
- Categorize and distribute mail.
- Oversee operation and upkeep of the office printer, copier, fax machine, classroom equipment, pianos, etc.
- Prepare forms/requests as needed (textbook requests, performance attire requisitions, work requests, payment requisitions and receipts, copy requests, van requests, etc.)
- Order office supplies for department.
- Maintain student records.
- Order books/music for Music Library and maintain Bibliography.
- Coordinate Music Licensing.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume; and spiritual testimony to email@example.com. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Lancaster Bible College is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.