Professor/Program Coordinator, Counseling Department
Location: 901 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA
The Department of Counseling at Lancaster Bible College is seeking a full-time professor for the purpose of teaching graduate level courses in the area of professional counseling and to provide administrative leadership to the Master of Arts in Professional Counseling across multiple regional campuses in Lancaster, Philadelphia, and the greater Washington DC area.The department aims to recruit candidates from diverse backgrounds who share a commitment to high quality teaching, scholarship, service and dedication to students’ ongoing professional development..
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a doctorate in Counseling, Psychology, Educational Administration or related field.
- Graduates from CACREP approved programs preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of higher educational teaching experience
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in the field of Mental Health or Marriage and Family counseling, with the ability to counsel others effectively, and a continued interest in engaging in clinically therapeutic relationships.
- A positive reputation as a scholar and educator
- A well-articulated philosophy of education
- A demonstrated record of leadership and program administration
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to function fully and cooperatively within an institution of Biblical Christian higher education
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Strong administration skills to lead both people and programs across multiple locations.
- The ability to effectively and passionately teach graduate courses in counseling theory, practical application, research design and methodology from a theoretically relevant and theologically sound integrative approach.
- Ability to facilitate spiritual, emotional, and academic shepherding of students
- The ability to function as a team member among the faculty, bringing a collaborative spirit in representing the programs in counseling
- Effective knowledge and application of word processing and presentation platforms, including a practical knowledge of online course delivery platforms.
- Possess skills necessary to design and evaluate curricular offerings and evaluate program effectiveness
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume; and spiritual testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lancaster Bible College is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.