Retail Services Baking and Catering Coordinator
Department: Retail Services
Job-type: LBC Jobs for Community
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Our Retail Services Department is seeking a Retail Services Baking and Catering Coordinator to assist in the management of food service operations at Hollee’s Café, Bennee’s Bistro and various events hosted on campus.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, some college education preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferably in a coffee shop or café environment.
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Experience in the preparation of sandwiches, wraps, salads and other café style foods.
- Ability to follow recipes and bake cookies, muffins, pastries and similar items.
- Ability to creatively display and serve food items that are both pre-packaged and individually wrapped.
- Creativity to develop weekly menu specials.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with MS Office software including Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate self-starter leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work within a team and with other teams.
Competencies. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Assist in the supervision of the retail food services employees.
- Help supervise campus events.
- Assist with menu planning and ordering while controlling inventory levels.
- Develop and manage Bennee’s catering service.
- Coordinate catering events using Bennee’s online catering order form.
- Attend necessary retail services staff meetings.
Lancaster Bible College is committed to treating others equally without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, or veteran status.