Bachelor of Science in Bible Degree
- If you want to enter our program without any prior Bible or theology credits, you will need to take LBC’s Bible, theology, and ministry courses to graduate with a degree in Bible.
- If you transfer in some Bible or theology credits, there are elective credits in arts & sciences that will allow you to avoid unnecessary duplication of Bible credits and pick up the arts and science courses needed for graduation.
- Courses in counseling are also available.
To earn a Bachelor of Science in Bible, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester credits in the program at LBC.
- Complete 120 semester credit hours which satisfy the BS in Bible degree requirements at LBC according to our Catalog.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above.
- Complete Christian Service requirements as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Re-affirm essential agreement with the college's Statement of Faith.
- Complete general education requirements as follows:
6 Language Arts 3 Humanities 3 Literature 3 Mathematics 3 Philosophy 3 Science 3 History or Political Science 3 Social Science 15 Electives
During the admissions process, you will be informed of any general education courses still required, along with a recommendation as to when and where you can complete them.
Students in the bachelor's degree option can take additional courses in the on-campus traditional program that lead to one or more minors. The available list of minors include:
- Children & Family Ministry
- Intercultural Studies
- Music Performance
- Pastoral Ministry
- Professional Counseling
- Sports Management & Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Women in Christian Ministry
Second Degree Option
You must already hold a bachelor's degree in another field. When you complete 36 credits in Bible and theology, you will earn another bachelor's degree - a Bachelor of Science in Bible.