The Concentrated Bible Course Certificate from LBC offers students a year of concentrated study in Bible and theology courses from an accredited Bible college. This certificate is ideal for:A student anticipating a career other than full-time Christian ministry but is seeking biblical knowledge
- A missionary candidate who needs a concentration of Bible
- Anyone who wants to get in-depth Bible training in a short period of time
Courses for this certificate are available either on-campus or online.
Click here to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.Program Distinctives
- LBC’s Bible & Theology Department, through Bible ministries’ tracks, provides students with the flexibility to choose courses from various professional departments, while also giving them the same core Bible & theology and arts & science courses as all LBC majors. These options are ideal for those who wish to go into missionary service and who will need a broader ministry exposure. It also prepares graduates who are involved in smaller ministries that need generalists rather than specialists.
- These academic options use an interdisciplinary approach which allows students to design a course of study to match their academic interests with their ministry preparation.
Does this describe you?
- You want to earn LBC's Concentrated Bible Course Certificate but can’t attend classes in the daytime.
- You want to further your Bible knowledge on a college level but do not necessarily need a degree.
- You want to serve on the mission field and need Bible training.
- The Concentrated Bible Course Certificate is a recognized academic achievement, and the 30 credits earned in this program are transferable college credits. No prior college credit is required for admission into this option. Please refer to our Catalog for program details and course descriptions.
Biblical Studies Certificate and Advanced Certificate
Offered in conjunction with Biblical Enrichment, the Biblical Studies Certificate (16 CEUs) can be earned by auditing accelerated undergraduate courses. The tuition to audit each course is $240, plus a $35 fee that is due every term. Auditing students are expected to attend class time, but the completion of assignments/homework to be submitted to the professor is not required. Those who earn 14 more CEUs through our Biblical Enrichment option, or by auditing additional courses can earn our Advanced Certificate (30 CEUs).
This certificate indicates the student is a graduate of Biblical Enrichment. Forty percent of the courses are in Bible or doctrine. The CEUs earned in this option and CEUs earned in Biblical Enrichment can transfer to our bachelor’s degree in accelerated undergraduate degrees. The Biblical Studies Certificate will transfer as five (5) credits in Bible/theology. The Advanced Certificate will transfer as 10 credits (five in Bible/theology and five as pure/general electives).
Locations where Certificate is offered:
- Lancaster Campus
- Greenbelt Site
- Springfield Site
- Memphis Site
- Philadelphia Site