The on-campus Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees option was designed for local working adults who are unable to finish their degrees through traditional means. The on-campus program is not intended to attract those from outside the local community (or outside the country). Instead, we offer the complete Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees curriculum online for those individuals desiring to earn a Lancaster Bible College degree without moving to the area; this includes international students. International students seeking a student visa will not be permitted to enroll in the on-campus Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees program for the following reasons:
- Those students for whom English is a second language must demonstrate proficiency in English through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. While the College offers some assistance to those for whom English is a second language, due to the fast paced nature of the Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees program, there is very little time for an international student to take full advantage of the resources available.
- There is limited financial aid available to international students and students are not permitted to work off-campus. Limited hours are available for working on campus. The Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees office is not able or responsible to help an international student find sponsors or funding for their education.
- For those international students who must leave their families back home, it must be kept in mind that there are no extended breaks in the Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees program that will allow the student to return home.
- There is no housing provided on-campus for international students. The Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees office is not able or responsible to find housing for students off-campus.
- If LBC were to issue an I-20 it would be issued with the program end date listed as the last day of classes. No provision can be made to allow the student to remain in the States until the next graduation ceremony. It is therefore our decision to not issue an I-20 to Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees (AUD) students desiring to study on campus.
It is for these reasons that Lancaster Bible College requires that international students either enroll in the online Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees program or that they pursue the traditional undergraduate on-campus program (in the traditional semester format).
To enroll in the online program, students with transcripts from foreign institutions must have them evaluated by an outside agency that specializes in foreign transcripts. Contact the Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees office for more information.