Transfer Credit Policies
- If you have completed courses in other regionally accredited colleges, you may receive up to 90 semester hours of transfer credit.
- The amount of credit, the courses to be accepted, and the method of evaluation will be determined by the nature of the courses and the type of institution.
- If you have attended any college or university after graduation from high school, you must submit an official transcript from each institution.
- Please email transcripts to email@example.com or mail to: Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees, 901 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA 17601-5036.
Earning college credit for prior learning experiences is one of the unique features of Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees.
- If you are a Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees student working toward your Bachelor’s of Science in Bible, you may earn up to 30 semester hours of Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) through an evaluation process that begins by completing the Credit for Prior Learning form.
- If you are entering the program with less than 90 transferable credits, you should complete this worksheet.
- A program staffer will provide further instructions.
- The 30 semester hours of CPL credit can be earned from a number of different sources including: workshops, seminars, self-study, non-credit classes, training programs, and/or work experiences. It is the prior learning from these sources that will be documented and evaluated by a faculty member in the relevant field to establish the amount of credit to be awarded.
During the admissions process, students are provided with an opportunity to obtain an estimate of the number of CPL credits they can expect to receive once they enter the program.
Active service members and veterans of the U.S. armed services may receive college credit for their military training and occupational specialties. Lancaster Bible College follows the credit recommendations established by the American Council on Education (ACE) for courses and occupations from the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Army Reserve, and National Guard.
The Community College of the Air Force maintains academic records for members and veterans of the U.S. Air Force. ACE recommendations and CCAF credits are treated as transfer credits and not as Credit for Prior Learning.
To determine the academic credit for your military experience, the Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees office will need to review one or more of the following documents:
- Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Army Reserves, and Coast Guard: request a Joint Services Transcript (JST). https://jst.doded.mil
- Community College of the Air Force transcripts are available from the CCAF Registrar at CCAF/RRR, 130 W. Maxwell Blvd., Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6613.
- Members of other branches: submit separation report DD 214, DA Form 2-1 Personnel Qualification Record, or DD Form 295 Application for the Evaluation of Educational Experiences During Military Services.
- Veterans: if you are unable to locate your original military records, you may request copies from: National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132.
Credit by Examination is a way to validate learning in an academic area by taking a standardized test. The following examination programs are recognized by LBC's Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees. A prospective student should consult with the Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees Coordinator before taking any examination to see how the subject matter will fit their educational goals. Exams that duplicate or overlap previous college credit or courses required to be taken within the Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees will not be accepted.
Advanced Placement (AP) – a score of three or better is required to receive credit for any of the Advanced Placement exams.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) -- a national set of exams on selected topics. Harrisburg Area Community College's campus in Lancaster and Eastern Mennonite Universities Lancaster Campus are the closest testing sites to LBC's Lancaster campus. For CLEP testing sites close to where you live, click here for the CLEP Test Center listing.
Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support (DANTES) – introductory college level exams in more than 50 subjects. Penn State Harrisburg campus is the closest DANTES testing site to LBC. Additional DANTES testing sites.