Bachelor of Science in Bible Degree
Are you eligible?
- You must have at least 45 credits from an accredited college or university and wish to earn a bachelor’s degree in Bible.
- If you want to enter our program without any prior Bible or theology credits, you will need to take LBC’s Bible, theology, and ministry courses to graduate with a degree in Bible.
- If you transfer in some Bible or theology credits, there are elective credits in arts and sciences that will allow you to avoid unnecessary duplication of Bible credits and pick up the arts and science courses needed for graduation.
- Courses in counseling are also available.
To earn a Bachelor of Science in Bible, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester credits in the program at LBC.
- Complete 120 semester credit hours which satisfy the BS in Bible degree requirements at LBC.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above.
- Complete Christian Service requirements as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Re-affirm essential agreement with the College's Statement of Faith.
- Complete general education requirements as follows:
Semester Hours 6 Language Arts 3 Humanities 3 Literature 3 Mathematics 3 Philosophy 3 Science 3 History or Political Science 3 Social Science 15 Electives
During the admissions process, you will be informed of any general education courses still required, along with a recommendation as to when and where you can complete them.
Students in the bachelor's degree option can take additional courses in the on-campus traditional program that lead to one or more minors.The available list of minors include:
- Children & Family Ministry
- Intercultural Studies
- Music Performance
- Pastoral Ministry
- Professional Counseling
- Sports Management & Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Women in Christian Ministry