Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership
Purpose and Program Design
The Doctor of Philosophy is the highest academic degree offered in the theory and practice of leadership. The purpose of the PhD in Leadership at LBC is to develop demonstrated Christian leaders with exceptional academic promise to make a scholarly and professional contribution to the field of leadership.
The four hallmarks of this premier program are:
A Biblical Model of Servant Leadership
Biblical servant leaders possess a deep sense of purpose and are driven by the values that they hold: honesty, integrity, discipline, stewardship, worth and dignity of all people, and social responsibility.
Designed for "Life-Engaged" Learners
Although intensive, this program is ideally designed for students with active family, church and professional lives.
- Primarily an online learning experience
- Two six-day on-campus sessions per year in October and March, or January and June, over three years.
- No relocation necessary
Research-based study in the fields of leadership, education, and social sciences is accomplished through the lens of a biblical worldview.
Cohort Community of Learners
- Each student enters the program with a cohort of 12-18 other students
- The cohort follows the same sequence of courses, beginning and completing their degrees together
- Cohort-based programs promote a sense of community and provide a number of educational advantages