Master of Arts in Ministry
Over the past two decades adult education has gained renewed interest and continues to be one of the largest components of the American education enterprise. Often local church professionals in associate pastoral roles come to their positions with limited background in adult education but have responsibilities for adult Sunday school, small groups, marriage & family life ministry, and other parts of adult ministry.
The faculty in the Adult Ministries concentration embraces the Christian education of adult learners from a biblical worldview and trains people to serve adult learners and direct adult ministry strategies within the local church and society.
The MA in Ministry program is designed for the "life-engaged" adult learner who is employed full-time or in full-time ministry. To accommodate the learner's work and family commitments, the iLEAD Center offers convenient and flexible scheduling options.
The MA in Ministry degree program equips students for ministry in the church and society by developing:
- A foundational knowledge of the narrative, content, and interpretation of the Bible for the purposes of the spiritual formation and the development of a biblical worldview
- A biblical philosophy of ministry and leadership practice applicable in the context of contemporary culture
- The character and competencies necessary to be an authentic servant leader
- The knowledge and skill sets necessary to lead individuals, teams, and organizations
- The skill sets necessary for assessing organizational health and strategizing for organizational development
- Learning and research skills for maintaining life-long education
- Knowledge and skill sets appropriate to the selected concentration
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Transcript of undergraduate studies with GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Major in Bible or completion of biblical foundations courses
- Autobiographical essay
- Two reference forms
- Completed application and fee
- Interview with faculty
Graduate Certificate Option
If you want a focused master’s level education but do not want to pursue the entire MA in Ministry degree curriculum, you can earn a Graduate Certificate in any of the MA in Ministry concentrations by taking four designated concentration courses. To find out more, contact the Graduate Education Office by calling 866.275.8720