Master of Arts in Ministry
Children & Family Ministry
With the growth of larger churches, a greater emphasis on disciple making, and a heightened awareness of the disintegration of the family, many churches are now staffing more intentionally for ministries with children and families.
The overarching purpose of the MA in Ministry Concentration in Children & Family Ministry is to help professionals better serve the church through instruction and internship opportunities in children’s ministry.
Getting a graduate education doesn’t require putting your life on hold. LBC understands that you have other commitments to God, family and work. That’s why our Master of Arts in Ministry program is designed for adult learners who are employed full-time. The iLEAD Center offers convenient and flexible scheduling options to accommodate prior commitments while you continue your education.
The MA in Ministry equips students for ministry in the church and society by developing:
- A foundational knowledge of the narrative, content and interpretation of the Bible for the purposes of spiritual formation and the development of a biblical worldview
- A biblical philosophy of ministry and leadership applicable to contemporary culture
- The character and competencies necessary to be an authentic servant leader
- The knowledge and skill sets necessary to lead individuals, teams and organizations
- The skill sets necessary for assessing organizational health and strategizing plans for development
- The learning and research skills necessary for maintaining lifelong education
- The knowledge and skill sets appropriate for the selected concentration
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Transcript of undergraduate studies with GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Major in Bible or completion of Biblical Foundations courses
- Autobiographical essay
- Two reference forms
- Completed application and fee
- Interview with faculty
Graduate Certificate Option
If you want a focused master’s level education but do not want to pursue the entire MA in Ministry degree curriculum, you can earn a Graduate Certificate in any of the MA in Ministry concentrations by taking four designated concentration courses. To find out more, contact the Graduate Education Office by calling 866.275.8720