The Master of Arts in Ministry program with a concentration in Children and Family is comprised of 48 credits. Students with 30 hours or more of undergraduate Bible and theology course will be given advanced standing credit making their program 36 credits in length.
Advanced standing is granted to those students who have completed 30 hours or more of undergraduate Bible and theology courses. Students with less than 30 hours may receive partial advanced standing credit proportionate to undergraduate Bible and theology studies completed. Advanced Standing allows students to complete this degree program in one year.
Biblical and Theological Core (12) or Advanced Standing (0)
Students must complete the following biblical and theological foundational courses or must enter the program with advanced standing (see above). The biblical and theological foundation requirements can be completed online.
- BTC 513 Biblical Hermeneutics (3)
- BTC 523 Old Testament Survey (3)
- BTC 533 New Testament Survey (3)
- BTC 543 Survey of Systematic Theology (3)
Degree Core (18)
- ORI 500 Online Orientation Seminar (0)
- MIN 504 Communicating Biblical Truth (3)
- MIN 505 Theological Foundations for Ministry (3)
- MIN 507 Leadership Development and Team Ministry (3)
- MIN 508 Organizational Change and Conflict (3)
- MIN 509 Personal Spiritual Formation and Discipleship (3)
- MIN 510 The Leader’s Life and Work (3)
- CFM 501 Theological Foundations of Children and Family Ministry
- CFM 502 Pastoral Care of Children and Families
- CFM 503 Principles of Leadership for Children and Family Ministry
- CFM 504 Spiritual Formation of Children and Families
Field-Based Experience (6)
- Field-Based Experience - Internship, Mentorship, or Research Option I (3)
- Field-Based Experience - Internship, Mentorship, or Research Option II (3)