Master of Arts in Ministry
Introducing this exciting new concentration!
The purpose of the Master of Arts in Ministry program with a concentration in Sports Ministry is to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to serve Christ and others through leadership in a sports related ministry, whether in a local church, a para-church ministry, or a secular organization. Offered in partnership with the BuxMont Torch, the Sports Ministry concentration provides a solid biblical and theological foundation as well as the necessary professional and leadership skills for the sports-minded individual to use sports as a vehicle to reach the world for the cause of Christ.
The MA in Ministry program is designed for the "life-engaged" adult learner who is employed full-time or in full-time ministry. To accommodate the learner's work and family commitments, the iLEAD Center offers convenient and flexible scheduling options.
The MA in Ministry degree program equips students for ministry in the church and society by developing:
- A foundational knowledge of the narrative, content, and interpretation of the Bible for the purposes of the spiritual formation and the development of a biblical worldview
- A biblical philosophy of ministry and leadership practice applicable in the context of contemporary culture
- The character and competencies necessary to be an authentic servant leader
- The knowledge and skill sets necessary to lead individuals, teams, and organizations
- The skill sets necessary for assessing organizational health and strategizing for organizational development
- Learning and research skills for maintaining life-long education
- Knowledge and skill sets appropriate to the effective sports ministry
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Transcript of undergraduate studies with GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Major in Bible or completion of biblical foundations courses
- Autobiographical essay
- Two reference form
- Completed application and fee
- Interview with faculty
Graduate Certificate Option
If you want a focused master’s level education but do not want to pursue the entire MA in Ministry degree curriculum, you can earn a Graduate Certificate in any of the MA in Ministry concentrations by taking four designated concentration courses. To find out more, contact the Graduate Education Office by calling 866.275.8720.