Master of Arts in Ministry
The Student Ministry concentration in the Master of Art in Ministry degree program is focused on educating and equipping men and women to lead student ministries in church and church-related contexts.
Student ministry has seen many changes throughout the past decade. Changes such as students’ increased access to technology and the rise of issues like anorexia, panic disorders and cutting, coupled with youth culture’s increased dominance in society, have caused the climate and setting of student ministry to shift dramatically. Because of these shifts, churches began to see the need to staff student ministry areas in a full time capacity.
These rapid changes in both church and culture have produced and urgent need for fully equipped, trained and skilled student ministry workers and professionals. Our program is focused on educating and equipping student ministry leaders to meet this demand.
Getting a graduate education doesn’t require putting your life on hold. LBC understands that you have other commitments to God, family and work. That’s why our Master of Art in Ministry program is designed for adult learners who are employed full-time. The iLEAD Center offers convenient and flexible scheduling options to accommodate prior commitments while you continue your education.
The MA in Ministry equips students for ministry in the church and society by developing:
- A foundational knowledge of the narrative, content and interpretation of the Bible for the purposes of spiritual formation and the development of a biblical worldview
- A biblical philosophy of ministry and leadership applicable to contemporary culture
- The character and competencies necessary to be an authentic servant leader
- The knowledge and skill sets necessary to lead individuals, teams and organizations
- The skill sets necessary for assessing organizational health and strategizing plans for development
- The learning and research skills necessary for maintaining lifelong education
- The knowledge and skill sets appropriate for the selected concentration
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Transcript of undergraduate studies with GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Major in Bible or completion of Biblical Foundations courses
- Autobiographical essay
- Two reference forms
- Completed application and fee
- Interview with faculty
Graduate Certificate Option
If you want a focused master’s level education but do not want to pursue the entire MA in Ministry degree curriculum, you can earn a Graduate Certificate in any of the MA in Ministry concentrations by taking four designated concentration courses. To find out more, contact the Graduate Education Office by calling 866.275.8720.