Students should be able to complete the program within three years. The maximum length for program completion is five years from the date of admission into the program. An application for an extension may be obtained from the iLEAD Services Office. Students not completing their degree within five years and not receiving an extension will be placed on non-student status. A Readmission Application may be obtained from the iLEAD Services Office. Student records will be reviewed each summer.
Levels of Completion
- Pre-Candidacy Level: At this level, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA, complete all prerequisite requirements, including those set by LBC and those set by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, including the MMPI-2 and 16PF.
- Candidacy Level: To be eligible for candidacy the student must complete a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 18 credits. The student will provide a recent criminal history check, child abuse clearance, Federal fingerprinting. A satisfactory interview with the program director completes the candidacy process. Achieving candidacy is the formal and final admission to your program.
- Practicum Level: Following candidacy, the student is eligible to apply for practicum after successfully completing a minimum of 18 credits with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Internship Level: To be eligible for the internship a student must have satisfactorily completed the practicum level, completed 30 graduate credits, and maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Graduation: The department chair will recommend students for graduation having fulfilled all the graduation requirements.
The following requirements must be successfully completed in order to receive the Master of Education degree:
- Satisfactory completion of all course work
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations
- Adherence to biblical standards and ethics in living one’s lifestyle