Teague Learning Commons II
Please show your Student ID or Picture ID at the reception desk prior to entering.
- Eight new computers are available for student use only.
- Log on using your user name and password. This is the same as the one used for MyCommunity
- Computer time is limited to 1 hour if there are other students waiting.
- The first computer marked OPAC is for reference and community borrower use only.
- 1st Floor and TLC II: Network: Guest, Username: lbcguest, Password: John3:5
- 4th Floor: Network: LBC-CR, Password: Romans6:23
- 4th Floor Study Room Login: Username: lbcdc, Password: John12:13
- Each student’s account is credited with 250 black & white page prints per semester.
- To print, you must be logged on to a student computer.
- Using your student account login, you can either e-mail your document to your LBC e-mail account to access your file and print or you can save, access and print your files via a USB drive.
- The total prints will automatically be deducted from your student account. Each time you log in you will see a PaperCut pop-up showing your remaining credit. Each student starts with a $12.50 credit which is the equivalent of 250 print pages per semester.
- Once you reach 250 prints, your student account will be charged .05 for each additional print.
- Community Borrowers and patrons can use the reserved OPAC PC and can print up to 10 pages per session.
- If you experience printing issues, please ask the receptionist for assistance.
- If you are making copies, the charge is .05 per copy. This is an honor system. Please pay at the reception desk.
Bennie’s To Go
- Coffee: Available on an honor system for $1.00 per cup. Place money in the marked container.
- Vending Machine: Please ask the receptionist for assistance should you experience a problem.
- Refrigerator: Please clearly mark your name on your food and do not take food that belongs to someone else. The refrigerator will be cleaned each Friday. All containers and food will be discarded.
- Microwave: Please wipe out the microwave after you have used it.
- Café: Please make every effort to keep this area clean.
- All library assistance such as book check out, fines, copies, etc., is handled at the computer on the right side of the reception desk.
- The Library and Technical Services Manager, Sue Kolodziejski, is located in Room 109 of the TLCII and is available to answer your questions and assist with library training, research and interlibrary loans.