Master of Arts in Ministry
The purpose of the Master of Arts in Ministry program with a concentration in Church Planting is to prepare students to lead and grow healthy churches with a DNA to multiply by planting new churches locally and globally. Coursework will examine and study topics such as leadership development, team building, discipleship, and the history and models of church planting movements. Students will be directly and actively engaged in church planting as part of the program through field-based experience courses and internships.
Getting a graduate education doesn’t require putting your life on hold. LBC understands that you have other commitments to God, family and work. That’s why our Master of Art in Ministry program is designed for adult learners who are employed full-time. The iLEAD Center offers convenient and flexible scheduling options to accommodate prior commitments while you continue your education.
This MA in Ministry concentration is offered in partnership with Spanish River Church (Boca Raton, FL) and Northwood Church (Keller, TX). The student will select one of these locations to gain their church planting philosophy and skill sets. This concentration is designed to expose the student to both the common and distinctive elements of each of these church’s approaches to and philosophies of church planting.
Spanish River Church:
Take your entire Master of Arts in Ministry in Church Planting in Boca Raton, Florida. Learn how to church plant at a church that has planted over 300 churches around the world. Courses are offered in a blended format so you will not have to leave your current employment situation or location. Complete your degree in just 15 months.
Study on the campus of Lancaster Bible College for your core courses and then take your church planting courses in Keller, Texas at Northwood Church. Northwood is one of the leading church planting churches in the United States. This program can be completed in as little as one year or over a two year period.
The MA in Ministry equips students for ministry in the church and society by developing:
- A foundational knowledge of the narrative, content and interpretation of the Bible for the purposes of spiritual formation and the development of a biblical worldview
- A biblical philosophy of ministry and leadership applicable to contemporary culture
- The character and competencies necessary to be an authentic servant leader
- The knowledge and skill sets necessary to lead individuals, teams and organizations
- The skill sets necessary for assessing organizational health and strategizing plans for development
- The learning and research skills necessary for maintaining lifelong education
- The knowledge and skill sets appropriate for the selected concentration
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Transcript of undergraduate studies with GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Major in Bible or completion of Biblical Foundations courses
- Autobiographical essay
- Two reference forms
- Completed application
- Interview with faculty
Graduate Certificate Option
If you want a focused master’s level education but do not want to pursue the entire MA in Ministry degree curriculum, you can earn a Graduate Certificate in any of the MA in Ministry concentrations by taking four designated concentration courses. To find out more, contact the Graduate Education Office by calling 866.275.8720.