Social Work Club
The Social Work Club at LBC exists to engage the students in social connection as well as community outreach. The social work students plan events to learn more about practices of social workers as well as reach out to the community. Like our facebook page at LBC Social Work Program for updates on Social Work Club events.
In April, 2014, the LBC Social Work Program joined Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society. This is a special honor for those students who have achieved the following requirements:
- Undergraduate student who has been admitted into the Social Work Program, achieving at least sophomore status.
- Completed a minimum of 9 credits in Social Work at Lancaster Bible College.
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in required social work courses.
- Demonstrates upstanding character and leadership qualities
- Demonstrates excellence in the application of the core values of the social work profession to include the following:
- Social Justice
- Value of Human Relationships
- Dignity and Worth of the Person
- Active engagement within the community as demonstrated by a lifestyle of volunteerism.
There is a structure in place for the Phi Alpha Society with a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary/Treasurer. The Phi Alpha induction ceremony is held every spring.