If you’re a junior or senior in high school or home school, and you already know that God has called you for a special purpose, we want to give you a jump start on your college education. When you enter this unique major, you can take one tuition-free course each fall and spring semester. You can begin earning college credits before you graduate from high school!
- High school juniors and seniors only.
- Courses must be taken on campus (no online courses).
- Students must be in good standing with their high school and the college and have a GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Students must profess faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior and agree to the college’s Statement of Faith.
- Students are required to complete and submit scores for the PSAT, SAT, or ACT. To be considered for admissions, a student’s score should fit the following criteria:
- PSAT score at or above a 100 on the Math and Critical Reading sections combined with a score no less than 45 on either section.
- SAT score at or above a 1000 on the Math and Critical Reading sections combined with a score no less than 450 on either section.
- ACT score at or above a 21 composite with a score of no less than 19 on the Math or Reading sections.
- Tuition-free college credits
- Up to 12 credits as a high school student
- Experience in the college classroom
- Students completing 9 or more credits qualify for a scholarship if they enroll at LBC
Important 2013 Dates
- Now: Applications will be excepted
- November 20, 2013: New registration booklet posted on website.
- December 6, 2013: Registration begins for returning JumpStart students at 8 am.
- December 20, 2013: Registration begins for new JumpStart students at 8 am.
- December 27, 2013: Last day to accept applications.
- January 2, 2014: Last day to register for classes. Must register by 4 pm.
- January 3, 2014: Orientation Option #1 from 8 - 10:30 am.
- January 10, 2014: Orientation Option #2 from 1-3:30 pm.