LBC Business develops, equips and inspires fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to be successful, God-honoring business people and leaders who will influence workplaces and change our world.
LBC Business is designed to provide a strong biblical context while providing hands-on learning with practical business training to allow students to be on an equal footing with any other candidates applying for entry-level business positions. It prepares students academically and spiritually to serve in their professional and personal lives, and see their work as a means to serve God.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
To educate Christian students with the necessary business knowledge and skills that they may proclaim Jesus Christ and serve Him in the Church and society.
- Prioritization - Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of prioritization related to spiritual aspects of life, relational interactions and their service to the church and the world. Specific skills developed will be time management, goal setting, resource allocation, vision, organization, drive and critical thinking.
- Communication - Students will analyze and express information and ideas in a variety of appropriate means with clarity and coherence in written and spoken forms.
- Knowledge - Students will master the key sub-disciplines within the business realm. Specific skills developed will be subject matter expertise, applying knowledge to everyday life, decision-making, problem solving and confidence in decisions.
- Servanthood - Students will analyze their role in the world and work, modeling Jesus Christ’s example as our model of leadership. Specific skills developed will be driven-ness, working with excellence, flexibility, self-motivation, and ethical actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Students will experience and apply love and trust in relationships, both personal and business. Specific skills developed will be delegation, collaboration, motivation, candor, and high emotional intelligence.
- Stewardship - Students will apply the concept of maximizing God’s gifts in our lives. Areas of emphasis will be identifying and developing gifts and talents and balancing resources.
to see data supporting the effectiveness of this program.
- All of our instructors have significant business experience, and most are teaching part-time while still practicing in their areas of expertise.
- Instruction is conducted like business meetings, with an emphasis on practical application.
- Students take part in collaborative workshops built in conjunction with Leadership Systems Inc. designed to identify and develop student's gifts and leadership skills.
- A monthly Speaker Series includes national, regional and local business experts.
- Required internships provide our students with real-world experience working in a professional business environment.
- Our students receive more hours of Bible education than they would in any other Business program in the country.
- LBC Business students have the opportunity to be a part of a mentorship program. Seniors will be able to apply for an honors mentorship program where they will be matched with a local senior-level businessperson.
- Students will have the opportunity to work on a service project with an international business perspective.
- Students graduating from our program will be on equal footing for entry-level positions in their field.
This major is also available as a minor for traditional undergraduate students.
The major and minor are also available evenings and online through Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees (AUD) program.