The health and well-being of our students is of utmost importance to us. Our Health Services department exists specifically to ensure and protect the health of our students. Located right on campus, Health Services provides a range of services, including:
- Screening: identifying current health problems and special needs of students, as well as developing programs to detect new problems.
- Treatment of acute and chronic illness and injury.
- Education and counseling: teaching preventive health care, disseminating information on specific health problems, referrals to appropriate specialists and agencies.
- Encouraging a healthy lifestyle through proper diet and exercise.
The Health Services Office is located in Upper Miller Hall. The regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am.–4 pm.
We have a doctor on campus one afternoon each week to see students in the health office. Anyone who needs to see the doctor should stop by Health Services & sign up for an appointment. (Walk-Ins will only be seen if time allows.) There is no cost for this service.
Student Requirements & Policies
Full-time students at LBC are required to complete and provide the following prior to their first class attendance at LBC.
- Have a physical examination by your health care provider and submit a complete physical exam form and immunization record
- Submit a completed health record form
- Residents must provide proof of meningitis vaccine or signed waiver, but all students are encouraged to get the vaccine
Students are expected to comply with LBC's Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Each student is responsible to know his or her own insurance specifics. Questions that are good to answer before coming to campus are:
1. What does your insurance policy cover?
2. Do you need a referral or pre-authorization before obtaining health care?
3. Can you see any physician or only certain physicians?
4. How are claims filed?
5. What are your policy & group numbers?