Location: Lancaster, PA
This position exists for the purpose of assisting the Senior Vice President of Student Experience in the coordination of his/her direct responsibilities and the handling of his/her communications alongside his/her executive assistant.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an educational administrative field or comparable experience
- Demonstrated experience in professional, multitask environment
- Experience in non-profit, educational environment helpful
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Self-starter, flexible and able to handle highly confidential matters
- Strong written, oral, and verbal skills including editing and proofing skills
- Basic computer/software savvy with the ability to embrace, learn, adapt to and utilize digital tools well
- Office machinery operations
- Multiline phones experience
Candidates will be responsible for the following tasks:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities with independence
- Act as a liaison between the Senior Vice President and his/her areas of responsibility with internal and external people and businesses
Organizational – The ability to organize, delegate, disseminate, and process department office tasks.
- Oversee the processing of office mail–open, send, and/or distribute, as necessary
- Oversee the maintenance of an inventory of office supplies
- Coordinate with his/her executive assistant to maintain a calendar of appointments and project schedules for the vice president
- Coordinate with his/her executive assistant the maintenance of records
- Assist Senior Vice President of Student Experience and/or direct reports on assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Coordinate the department’s direct reports and oversee aspects of office operation
- Pleasantly and courteously handle all incoming and outgoing departmental phone calls, College personnel, and walk-in visitors, as needed
- Efficiently and accurately type appropriate correspondence, reports, various meeting agendas, and minutes when needed, as requested
- Oversee the preparation of various work requests and payment vouchers
- Have a thorough knowledge of the use and operation of office equipment
- Partner with his/her executive assistant in overseeing, directing, and coordinating all aspects of the chapel services
- Assist with Student Experience events as requested by the Senior Vice President of Student Experience.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon, as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.