Date Posted: 5/12/2021
Employee Type: Professional Staff
Status: Full Time
Department: Athletics Department
Reports to: Director of Athletics
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This position exists for the purpose of providing assistance to the athletics program at Lancaster Bible College in the areas of media and athletics exposure.
- Self-awareness of personal strengths and limitations
- The desires to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a team.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in academics, athletics, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a collegiate athletic environment.
- A demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- A demonstrated ability to develop the academic, spiritual, physical, and social needs of college students.
- Oversee all aspects of the athletics website
- Responsible for all NCAA, NEAC, and NCCAA stats and weekly reporting.
- Ensure statistics are kept at all home contests.
- Athletic programs for each home game.
- Game summary for each game posted on the website within 24 hours of its conclusion.
- Give “Charger Report” e-mail to all LBC constituents after games.
- Maintain history of each athletic team.
- Assist as the liaison for the Athletics Department to the media, including media guides.
- Work to develop relationships with athletics alumni. Assist with fundraising activities for the department.
- Assist in gaining support of college family for the total athletic program.
- Assist in marketing and advertising for media and facilities
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.
- Oversee graduate assistant position for Athletic Communications
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including systems such as Access, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point and Word
- Adept at stat programs such as Stat Crew, NCAA Live Stats, etc.
- Ability to navigate quickly and smoothly between systems.
- Multitasking ability
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Initiative, flexible and follow-through skills
- Self-starter and able to handle confidential matters