The Assistant Director for Residence Life (ADRL) is a professional live-in staff member who participates in fostering a sense of belonging, community engagement, and personal wellbeing within the residence halls, and is active in student care and educational initiatives and strategies. The ADRL assists with the overall planning and management of the residence halls, provides direct supervision to assigned student staff and residential buildings, and serves as a front-line emergency responder. The ADRL will serve as the primary point person within Residence Life for coordinating care and communication for students who are quarantined or isolated on campus due to COVID-19.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Higher Education or related field preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Growing and dynamic Christian faith which is naturally communicated in words and actions.
- Knowledge of student affairs and residence life, and the sense of mission and commitment to the personal development of college students.
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function will in a high paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in relation to student information and affairs.
Candidates will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Create a safe and welcoming living-learning environment in the residence halls and campus community that promotes student development, belonging, and wellbeing.
- Serve in the emergency response on-call rotation to provide care-focused emergency and crisis response to students.
- Provide general oversight and everyday management to the operations of assigned residence hall(s).
- Provide supervision to assigned Resident Assistant staff, including holding weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with each RA, performance evaluations, etc.
- Provide supervision to summer RA staff.
- Work with the Director to provide leadership in planning and facilitating RA training and on-going development opportunities.
- Work with the Director to provide leadership in planning and facilitating RA selection.
- Supervise student move-in in August and January, and building closings prior to each break.
- Respond to student concerns, including conduct, housing/roommate concerns, mental health, wellness, or other concerns as assigned.
- Assist in developing and implementing programming and curriculum in the residence halls.
- Use StarRez to maintain accurate data.
- Coordinate COVID-19 care needs as directed by the Student Affairs leadership team, including meal coordination, isolation space set up, laundry, and communication.
- Collaborate with other Student Affairs staff and partner offices in providing student care.
- Assist with follow through on student care needs that arise from the various areas within Student Affairs: wellness, residence life, and general student experience.
- Meet with students to address questions or concerns and serve as a connection point within the Student Affairs Office as needed.
- Support Residence Life student care needs.
- Assist the Director of Residence Life and Associate Dean with educational initiatives that align with the Student Affairs mission and outcomes, including diversity and belonging, first year experience and co-curricular component, and spiritual formation.
- Attend meetings as requested, including Student Affairs team, Residence Life team, and one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
- Assist with New Student Orientation as assigned.
- Attend at least one chapel per week.
- Support and participate in Residence Life signature events and Student Activities on campus.
- Actively engage with students.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.