Full Time 9 month Faculty
Department: Arts & Science
This position exists for the purpose of teaching undergraduate level courses in mathematics and assisting the department chair in overseeing the curriculum and adjuncts who teach mathematics.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of MA in Mathematics or Education with advanced credits in mathematics.
- A minimum of 2 years of higher educational teaching
- An ability to teach a wide range of mathematics classes including remedial courses.
- An ability to design curriculum and assess the effectiveness of
- A positive reputation as a scholar and
- A well-articulated philosophy of
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- An ability to relate to undergraduates and to help them understand the ways in which mathematics apply to the shaping of their thought processes, their future careers, and their biblical
- An ability to work with colleagues on corporate
- An ability to coordinate with Mathematics adjuncts in the areas of course scheduling and development, classroom practice, and assessment
- Proficient as a communicator in written and oral
- Proficiency with general computer
- An ability to design
- An ability to develop new
- A desire to mentor students outside the
- Coordinate with the Department Chair to schedule Mathematics
- Cooperate with the Department Chair to recruit, schedule, observe and support adjuncts in
- Proficiency with word processing, general computer skills, and LBC | Capital’s instructional technologies (i.e., Learning Management System, Video Conferencing, ).
Candidates will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and teach a wide range of mathematics courses including remedial courses; required full-time teaching load is 4/4.
- Oversee the revision of the mathematics
- Schedule math courses and supervise adjuncts who teach mathematics.
- Monitor ongoing assessment of students in the area of
- Participate in Arts and Sciences department meetings and activities
- Maintain regular office hours of at least 10 hours a week for student and faculty consultation and
Teach courses as assigned at the undergraduate, adult education, and/or graduate level in face-to-face, blended, and online format which may require teaching during the day, evening, and/or weekend.