Full-time, Salary, Professional Staff
Location: Lancaster, PA
Provides support and maintenance to the college’s business applications and their integrations. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, proficiency in programming languages and data structures, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems field or two years experience in computer science field including application development and support.
- Demonstrated record of continuing education to stay abreast of changing computer science operations.
- Some experience in college environment preferred.
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Familiarity with business applications used in a college environment, including Student Information Systems and CRMs, such as Anthology’s Nexus Student and Technolutions’ Slate.
- Working knowledge of databases, analytics, and SQL programming, in particular Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Integration Services (SSIS), data warehousing concepts, and the design and implementation of integration packages.
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas.
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
- Experience with securing integration scenarios using appropriate authentication, authorization, non-repudiation, and data encryption methods.
- Understand query, filtering, and report writing for end user presentation.
- Think logically, clearly, productively, and under pressure.
Candidates will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyze business systems needs working with various levels of end-users to create the logical specifications for software/hardware systems that will provide a solution for the needs of business problems, focused on establishing and maintaining API integrations between systems.
- Performs the research necessary to create technical designs and logical functionality which will ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented to meet business needs.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Work with vendors, contractors, and departments to implement new applications and support existing applications.
- Perform unit level and system level testing, coordinate regression and volume testing. Certify results.
- Assist with user acceptance testing, and work with end users gain acceptance.
- Keep the CEA/SO informed about all projects and assigned applications.
- Keep abreast of related technology by reading articles or attending webinars.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.