Employee Type: Professional Staff
Status: Full time
Emergency Designation: Essential
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The Controller will oversee the performance of AR, AP, Payroll clerks and their job duties; coordinate the formulation of the annual budget; communicate internally in verbal and written form concerning the accounting, budgeting and other financial matters of LBC; oversee accounting for all investments; maintain accurate and timely financial records of College operations; and coordinate the College’s duties for annual audit.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- Hold utmost confidence and trust with all financial matters of the college
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with an emphasis in accounting. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a non-profit institution preferably in an institution of higher education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have a working knowledge of fund accounting, budgeting, control and reporting principles, methods, techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) financial requirements.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Knowledge of investments as they relate to trusts and endowments.
- Ability to apply knowledge of fund accounting, corporate finance, tax accounting, auditing, insurance, real estate and investments.
- Think logically, clearly and under pressure.
- Write clearly and fully regarding financial matters.
- Advanced skills in developing and manipulating Excel electronic spreadsheets.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, implement and administer financial information and control systems
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- Analytical and computer skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community