Post date: 4/7/2021
Employee Type: Professional Staff
Status: Full time – Exempt
Emergency Designation: Non-Essential
Reports to: Director of Athletics
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains assistant coaches.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
This position exists for the purpose of providing leadership and oversight to the Cross-Country program, assistance to the Track & Field program at Lancaster Bible College and assistance to the Athletics program.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred in a health or sport related field Previous collegiate participation and/or coaching experience.
- A demonstrated ability to develop the academic, spiritual, physical, and social needs of college athletes.
- Knowledge and understanding of collegiate cross-country and NCAA regulations
- Coaching certification or relative course work.
- Ability to communicate the uniqueness of Lancaster Bible College to prospective students and parents.
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Licenses: Current and valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work independently and have the ability to work evenings and weekends to accomplish the tasks necessary for success in this field.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
Coaching Responsibilities –
- Prepare Men’s and Women’s Cross-County teams for full intercollegiate season that is compliant to the NCAA, NCCAA, and NEAC guidelines.
- Recruit locally, regionally, and nationally student-athletes that are a “fit” to Lancaster Bible College and coordinate all aspects of recruitment via mailings, telephone, travel, and visits. Recruit to meet the expected minimum number of 30 student-athletes for the cross-country program.
- Oversee the development of a culture that fits the philosophy of athletics and is a beacon to the LBC family and community.
- Assist the Track & Field Head Coach by overseeing the distance aspect for the Track & Field program and other responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrate Christian values in attitudes, words, and actions at meets, practices, trips, meals, etc.
- Ensure devotional times are conducted by players/coaches and goals of the athletic department are achieved each season.
- Organize and conduct preseason tryouts and in season practices.
- Select, supervise and evaluate assistant coaching staff.
- Verify roster accuracy for eligibility sheets; coordinate with compliance director on questions or concerns.
- Oversee student-athletes academic progress and be available for consultation/support for student-athletes.
- Work closely with Sports Information Director to develop a media plan and be available for interviews and speaking engagements both internally and externally.
- Represent the Cross-Country program at required meetings and assist the Track & Field Head Coach where needed.
Athletic Responsibilities –
- Continue to develop Summer Running Series
- Attend bi-monthly department meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.