Job Posted 7/7/2021
Employee Type: Hourly Staff
Status: Full time
Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Director of Physical Plant
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to reach high places.
- Driving of vehicles.
This position exists for the purpose of coordinating support for the Physical Plant.
- The desires to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a team.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- College degree with exposure to college coursework involving accounting, data processing and administrative management.
- Minimum 2 years in an administrative assistant setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel to include use of pivot tables, v-lookups and statistical data collection and analyzing
- Organizational and personnel management
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Multi-line phone experience
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Written and verbal skills with grammatical accuracy
- Proofing and editing skills
- File management
- Initiative, flexible, and follow-through skills
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Departmental office management
- Aid with project research and support as needed.
- Scheduling of student hours
- Ordering of supplies
- Think logically, clearly, and productively.
- Write clearly and professionally.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Work effectively with College personnel, students, outside groups, and volunteers in association with the College in an effective, objective, and fully communicative manner.
- Read and understanding written and verbal instructions such as Work Orders and invoices.
- Write reports of actions taken and recommendations for a supervisor.
- Function as recording secretary for assigned committees.
- Administer driving test to student workers or staff and keep driving records
- Train student workers for substitute office support.
- Accurately communicate with outside vendors and contractors regarding work
- Effectively communicate with all college departments and clientele.
- Maintain an organized filing system.
- Able to de-escalate panic and handle immediate situations calmly
- Assist with long range planning and project research
- Assist with submission of student payroll and departmental billing.
- Dispatch duties: handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, faxes, and emails; monitor radio coverage (Via Voxer).
- Maintain and update procedure manuals for Physical Plant
- Coordination of office calendars, including campus master calendar to assist with event planning.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.