Job Posted: 5-4-2021
Employee Type: Professional Staff
Status: Full time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Advancement Operations
The Director is responsible for: providing services to alumni and cultivating the interest and financial support of LBC alumni through the planning and implementing of programs, events, communications and personal visits.
The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a team.
- A professional appearance.
- An identifiable salvation experience.
- A pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, and regular attendance at a local church or involvement in church ministry.
- A commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the same.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; Master’s Degree desirable in an associated field.
- Graduate of Lancaster Bible College strongly preferred.
- Successful experience in ministry-related field.
- Some experience in higher education preferred or suitable life experience.
- A minimum of two-four years’ experience in alumni relations, or association membership management, program and/or event planning or stewardship development.
- Special Skills – to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Effective interaction with people with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and promote the educational objectives of LBC with alumni with an understanding and appreciation of the distinctiveness of a Bible College.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time; highly organized; self-motivated; creative and energetic.
- An ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the Institution, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Strong writing and planning skills with the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- High degree of professionalism and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Able to adapt to new technology, use of database applications and reporting.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed. Most travel will consist of day trips which will consume up to 40% of time away from the office.
to determine specific tasks and time required of the position.
75% Alumni programs, contacts, visits and cultivation that lead to development cultivation purposes
- Develop and maintain an effective Alumni council – arrange semi-annual meetings, staff committees with volunteers and ensure strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and administrative leadership.
- Church/ministry conferences if/when applicable
- Plan, implement and promote (internally and externally) alumni programs that support the institution’s strategic plan not limited to:
- Homecoming (including chairing of the committee)
- Heritage Week
- Class reunions
- Alumni-receptions on site/off-site
- Own alumni database records, insure accuracy, capture contact, biographical and career information via surveys, projects (maintain and update alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc. and record information in Raiser’s Edge for each contact made. (Data entry support from department assistant, Gifts Processor and student help).
- Writing of alumni/church/ministry related updates, feature articles and e-correspondence. (ECHO and e-connection).
- Manage contact strategy, plan and implement scheduled communications with alumni via direct contact, direct mail, email, alumni web pages, annual phone-a-thon and print publications.
- Introduce alumni sponsored recruitment programs by region partnering with admissions to result in student inquiries/applicants/enrolled.
- Organize volunteers for events (Homecoming, golf tournament, phone-a-thon, etc.)
- Organize yearly Alumni/ Student Prayer partnership with Student Services.
- Collaborate closely with advancement colleagues in increasing financial support from ministries and alumni; execute programs to secure new alumni donors; routinely identify and qualify alumni for gifts.
- Assist in seeking opportunities for LBC alumni to gain exposure with the goal to enhance good will, open opportunities for admissions, engage prayer support, and financial support of LBC objectives.
- Work to foster relationships between current students and LBC alumni that can help students with discernment of vocation, connect it with career choices, and the implementation of a career plan that is informed by this vocational exploration.
- Plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students with alumni; collaborate with (C3) Counseling and Career Center with new placement opportunities and referrals where alumni work or have served, with LBC friends/business owners, community businesses and ministry opportunities
- Collaborate and partner with Admissions, Advancement, Career Services, Athletics, Student Services, and Academic Departments to involve, engage and motivate alumni involvement
25% Advancement efforts not related to Alumni relationships
- Build alumni/student relationships while educating existing and graduating students about alumni participation and stewardship. (days ‘til to graduation, phone-a-thon training, class advisor, participate in student events, etc.)
- Cultivate Alumni community/business connections and seek to build relationships between them and other advancement department members
Develop an annual strategic and operating plan for the fiscal year with timelines, dates, and measurement metrics and submit for approval by the Director of Advancement Operations. Budget responsibility for Alumni Relations within the annual program budget, manage expenditures/forecasts and reconcile monthly.
Participate in a team work environment
- Assist other team members as appropriate in the accomplishment of department goals.
- Treat all team members with respect living by the adage – “Treat others as you wish to be treated.”
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of Lancaster Bible College.