Job Posted 5-4-2021
Employee Type: Faculty 12 month
Status: Full time/Exempt
Department: Music Worship & Performing Arts
Reports To: Music Worship & Performing Arts Department Chair
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The Director of Musical Theatre will direct the Musical Theatre program and teaching course related subjects.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree in a related musical theatre cognate.
- Demonstrable performance artistry in directing and producing musical theatre.
- A well-articulated understanding of the integration of the Christian faith and artistic endeavor and the performing arts, in particular.
- Substantial directing experience.
- Passionate commitment to the MWPA missional focus to prepare highly skilled artists to influence culture with grace and truth.
- Strong administrative skills in giving oversight to production staff.
- An ability to work collaboratively.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism while motivating and educating students in an engaging manner concerning musical theatre and a biblical worldview.
- Proficiency as a communicator in written and oral formats.
- An ability to design instruction.
- An ability to develop new courses.
- An ability to assess the overall success of courses.
- A desire to mentor students outside the classroom.
- Proficiency with word processing, general computer skills, and LBC | Capital’s instructional technologies (i.e., Learning Management System, Video Conferencing, etc.).
- Teach undergraduate courses in one or more of the following areas in relationship to the candidate’s area(s) of strength and academic preparation; Acting, Dance/Choreography, Musical Theatre Workshop, History of MT repertoire, Senior Showcase, Performance Career Seminar, Voice and related coursework.
- Give vision and direction to the MT academic program in the MWPA department.
- Primary academic advisor to students in the MT program.
- Produce and/or direct two mainstage productions per academic year.
- Give direction and oversight to production staff.
- In cooperation with the MWPA chair, oversee the engagement and development of adjunct faculty to teach course in the MT program.
- Teach courses as assigned at the undergraduate, adult education, and/or graduate level in face-to-face, blended, and online format which may require teaching during the day, evening, and/or weekend.
- Active recruitment of potential Musical Theatre majors.
- Actively engage community networks to encourage opportunities/internships/partnerships for students.
- Other teaching service duties as assigned by the Chair, based on the candidate’s strengths and departmental needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.