Full-Time, Professional Staff
Location: Lancaster, PA
This position is responsible for providing leadership of student activities and leadership programming at LBC. This includes oversite of all peer leadership opportunities including the Student Activities Team (SAT), student organizations, and the Student Government Association. As an educator and member of the Student Affairs Staff, this individual is responsible for the coordination and implementation of co-curricular programming which reflects the Christian values of the institution and promotes personal and spiritual growth opportunities for all students.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordinating events, preferably in a college environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills and background experience in areas related to student development and activities programming.
- Growing and dynamic Christian faith which is naturally communicated in words and actions.
- Knowledge of college student life and a sense of mission and commitment to the personal development of college students.
Candidates will need to possess the following skills:
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel; technologically savvy; understanding of social media.
- Familiarity with Quicken or similar accounting software.
- Leadership giftedness.
- High-level administrative and organization skills.
- Relational and approachable.
- Possess understanding of team dynamics.
- Perform in high-paced environment.
- Able to handle confidential matters.
Candidates will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Shepherd a team of peer leaders as they lead student organizations, Student Activities Team, Orientation Staff and Student Union toward a premier student experience.
- Assisting with the logistics and implementation of an ongoing program of leadership development for students, in coordination with campus and community partners.
- Advise the Student Union with support from the Associate Dean for Retention & Student Engagement.
- Assume responsibility for the coordination and implementation of events sponsored by student organizations and the campus community as they relate to the undergraduate student experience.
- Review all student event requests for approval and coordinate with undergraduate campus events calendar.
- Maintain regular communication and an updated database of faculty/staff student organization advisors.
- Oversee and manage the Student Experience Budget.
- Produce and distribute a semester campus activities calendar and oversee Student Affairs marketing.
- Manage, plan and oversee Welcome and Orientation Weekend programing.
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Provide support as needed to assist the team effort in Student Affairs.
- Collaborate with faculty and other student services from across the institution to best support the overall needs of all students.
- Oversee LBC’s Student Affairs social media platforms.
- Maintain an inventory of Student Activities Team events equipment.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e.: Homecoming Committee & Parent/Family Weekend).