Employee Type: PT Hourly Part time/Non-exempt Job
Department: Student Affairs – AUD – Online/Non-Traditional
Reports to: Director, Adult Learner Services
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 15 pounds
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Moving about to accomplish tasks
- Some standing for short periods of time
- Communication with others to exchange information
- Ascending or descending a two to three step ladder to remove or replace library books
This position exists for the purpose of assisting the Director, Adult Learner Services in providing essential student services to all adult learners enrolled at Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary and Graduate School.
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a team.
- The ability to handle highly confidential matters in a mature and professional manner.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- An bachelor’s degree desired, college experience a must (which provides familiarity with higher education, particularly in the area of adult education)
- Demonstrated experience in a professional, multitask environment.
- Experience in non-profit, educational environment helpful.
- Customer service focused (internal and external).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with adult learners.
- Experience with the college data base system, Campus Vue preferred.
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to handle highly confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and tasks with minimal or no supervision.
- Experience supervising and training work teams.
- Experience in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint preferred.
- Manage the front office personnel, including student workers.
- Oversee the successful completion of all general office duties and special events.
- Maintain the TLCII staffing and classroom schedules.
- Lead projects as assigned by Director, Adult Learner Services
- Support the student experience team with research, admissions, and special projects as assigned.
- Compose and send student communications as requested.
- Communicate to students as needed regarding their status in their program
- Input necessary data into CampusVue.
- Recommend and create improved ways to enhance the student experience.
- Assist with front office functions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.