Date Job Posted: 5/12/2021
Employee Type: Staff
Status: Full time – Exempt
Department: Communication & Media Arts
Reports to: Department Chair
- Manage the campus event calendar.
- Schedule event technology staff and student workers for events.
- Manage event technology staff and student worker hours for payroll.
- Represent Event Technology on campus Events team.
- Attend or send personnel to production meetings for campus events and productions as necessary.
- Lead Event Tech with integrity, building trust and positive working relationships within event technology services and among colleagues in other departments.
- Exercise wise stewardship of event technology resources (personnel, fiscal, and time resources).
- Operate event technology services within the parameters of a balanced annual budget.
- Represent event technology needs and long-term plans to the Department Chair.
- Train and develop all event technology personnel.
- Develop and maintain a five-year technology plan for campus.
- Maintain a safe working environment based on industry standards.
- Coordinate outside vendors.
- Manage a staff on-call schedule to support student workers.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
The Event Technology Manager manage event technology services, systems, and personnel; fill production roles at college events with staff, student workers, and freelancers as necessary; attend and lead production meetings to assess event technology needs; and assist in training, coaching, and mentoring students.
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- At least four years related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Familiar with PC/Windows and Mac/OSX environments.
- Intermediate computer networking knowledge.
- Proficient with production-related software: ProPresenter, DAWs, Smaart.
- Experience/Familiarity with Audio o Networked Audio Protocols: AES, Dante, Soundgrid o Consoles: Digico, Yamaha, Midas o Processor: BSS
- Experience/Familiarity with Lighting o Lighting Protocols: DMX, Artnet o Consoles: ETC
- Experience/Familiarity with Video o Video Protocols: genlock, SMPTE o Consoles: Ross, Blackmagic Design o Projection: Barco
- Preferred experience in stage design and rigging
- Preferred certifications:
- OSHA 30
- OSHA Aerial Lift Qualification o Dante Certification – Levels 1 and 2 o ESA Certification 2020
- Maintain the events schedule and project list to manage time wisely within a normal work week.
- Flex schedule to ensure events are covered, including evening and weekend events.
- Schedule personnel for events.
- Assign tech directors for events, productions, recitals, and senior projects.
- Develop and maintain a network of freelancers and contract workers to staff larger events or fill roles that cannot be staffed internally.
- Maintain and strengthen cross-departmental relationships.
- Maintain and repair campus-wide AVL equipment in all of the college’s production spaces.
- Staff college events when student workers are unavailable, need additional training, or require assistance.
- Assist faculty in training and coaching students in the various areas of production.
- Install and integrate new technology as necessary.
- Support the production of weekly chapel services and the various stakeholders: Worship Arts Program, Media Arts Production, President’s office, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.