Employee Type: Staff
Status: Full time – Hourly
Department: Events & Conference Director
Reports to: Events & Conference Director
This position exists for the purpose of assisting the Events & Conference Director. This position will assist and interface with physical plant, dining services, creative services, marketing, technicians, MWPA, the president’s office, and athletics. This role is the source of communications and records management to ensure a seamless and repeatable process for all external and internal event and conference activity.
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor
- A professional
Education/ Experience- To provide skilled background for the job tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an events management or similar work or marketing environment preferred; product management desired
- Demonstrated experience in professional multitask environment
- Experience in non-profit, educational environment helpful
Scope of Responsibility:
- Serve as the scheduling point of contact for conferences, events, and internal meeting
- Manage and archive schedules, invoices, and account
- Assist the Events and Conference Director with evening and weekend coverage for internal and external requirements for event
- Exercise discretionary authority based on best practices and in the best interests of
- Assist with some administrative duties for the Events & Conference
Special Skills- To apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Computer proficiency, with advanced capability in MS Office applications, mail merge skills needed with excellent proficiency in Excel
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Self-starter, flexible and able to handle highly confidential matters
- Able to manage and plan events on multiple timelines
- Able to function autonomously and with some level of ambiguity with general instruction. Responsibility requires significant
- Have the ability to tactfully guide campus personnel for whom you do not have direct
Job tasks- To determine specific tasks required of the position.
- Act as a liaison for the Events & Conference Director, his/her areas of responsibility with internal and external people and business as well as marketing team members and
- Schedule events, conferences, and
- Manage, invoice, and archive account
- Lead decoration and set up effort for events and
- Assist Events and Conference Director as
- Assist with evening and weekend internal events and external groups on campus, including some Presidential events.
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon, as needed for the good and welfare of the total College