Job Posted 7/7/2021
Employee Type: Staff
Status: Full time – Non-exempt
Hours: 10 am – 6:30 pm
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Help Desk Manager
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This position exists for the purpose of providing support and maintenance for the various technology hardware and software of the College.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems field or 2 years’ experience in IT related Help Desk or Customer Service field.
- Demonstrated record of continuing education to stay abreast of changing computer science operations.
- Some experience in college environment or corporate Help Desk preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic troubleshooting, diagnostics and cabling on site specific PCs and printers.
- Ability to interact with end-users to diagnose and maintain various PCs, printing, networking or telephone problems.
- Familiarity with a Windows based software environment, including Office productivity suites, networking and printing issues. Ability to diagnose and solve software related problems, along with ability to work with end-users regarding their use of the systems.
- Think logically, clearly, productively, and under pressure.
- Daily interaction with Help Desk Ticket System in line with the department’s Service Level Agreement.
- Assist the Help Desk Manager by performing tasks associated with supporting computer hardware, software, printing, networking or telephone systems.
- Monitor status of all aspects of computer hardware, software, printing, networking and communication systems with timely escalation and communication to Help Desk Manager as appropriate.
- Diagnose & resolve all PC, software and printing problems that arise in Staff, Faculty, and Public/Student access computers.
- Keep abreast of current PC technology.
- Assist with installation, support and maintenance of classroom technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.