Date of Posting: 12-22-2020
Employee Type: Hourly Staff
Status: Full time
Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Facilities Manager
- Assists the Facilities Manager in the oversight of Student Workers
- Oversees all aspects of HVAC repair.
This position exists for the purpose of supporting the facilities manager in primarily meeting the HVAC needs of the college as well as various general maintenance duties.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HVAC maintenance, repair and installation
- Type II CFC/HCFC Certification
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to read blueprints and line diagrams pertinent to HVAC work
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC units including electronic and mechanical components
- Installation of HVAC units, including electronic and mechanical components
- Installation of HVAC ductwork including flexible tubing and sheet metal construction
- Conserve, install and recycle CFC and HCFC refrigerants
- Brazing, soldering and stick/MIG welding of various metals
- Install or repair HVAC system automation components
- Install or repair fuel and water supply lines
- Electrical and plumbing knowledge
Physical – The physical ability to use the body in primary type skills necessary to perform duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Reading and understanding written instructions such as Work Orders.
- Writing reports of actions taken and recommendations for a manager.
- Heavy lifting, carrying, and reaching high places.
- Working on roofs, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attics and basements
- Proficient use of hand tools
- Using power tools such as electric drills, power saws, grinders and like equipment.
- Driving of vehicles and powered equipment such as riding mowers, tractors, backhoes, and snowplows.
- Planning and scheduling of preventative maintenance.
- Supervise student workers in all aspects of maintenance.
- Inspect various maintenance tasks.