Job Posted: 6/22/2021
Job Title: Instructional Designer – Level 2
Type: Staff/Faculty – 12 Mo.
Status: Full time – Exempt
Emergency Designation: Non-Essential
Department: Office of Digital Learning
Reports to: Director of Digital Learning
- Shares oversight of support staff
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
This position exists for the primary purpose of designing online and blended courses in collaboration with faculty and other Digital Learning staff, in accordance with institutional and industry standards.
Institutional Context – An understanding of Lancaster Bible College and its place in the non-profit educational world.
- A general understanding of higher education and a distinct understanding of Christian education.
- A general awareness of the operation and philosophy of Lancaster Bible College.
- A clear understanding of the organizational structure of the College and its various departments.
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations, and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of collaboration and willingness to serve as a team.
- A professional appearance.
Spiritual Abilities – Evidence of a desire to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.
- An identifiable salvation experience.
- A pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, and regular attendance at a local church or involvement in church ministry.
- A commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the same.
Education and Experience: to provide skilled background for the job tasks.
- Master’s degree required; field of study in education, instructional design, educational technology, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in curriculum design and instruction (in classroom or academic support capacity).
- Experience with instructional technology, web design, user experience, and/or web accessibility standards.
- Experience with learning management systems and e-learning authoring tools.
Required Skills/Abilities: to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Committed to precision, excellence, and attention to detail.
- Able to independently manage time, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Able to collaborate with remote and local teams in an open office environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Inclined toward creativity, flexibility, and willingness to adapt to unexpected obstacles.
- Able to coach/mentor faculty members to grow as digital educators.
- Desire to keep current and innovate with educational technology and pedagogy.
- Committed to pursuing and reflecting on distinctively Christian practices of teaching and learning.
- Proficiency with word processing, general computer skills, and LBC | Capital’s instructional technologies (i.e., learning management system, video conferencing, etc.).
Duties/Responsibilities: to determine specific tasks required of the position.
- Collaborate with faculty members to design institutionally distinctive online and/or blended courses in accordance with industry-standard instructional design procedures and practices.
- Identify faculty and student needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Assess course quality in accordance with institutional, accreditation, and industry standards.
- Train faculty members in digital teaching and learning practices.
- Oversee designated course development team using project management strategies.
- Apply learning theory through innovative pedagogy and technology.
- Pursue research and scholarship from a distinctively Christian perspective.
- Regularly attend chapel as an active member of our learning and worshiping community.
- Teach courses as assigned in face-to-face, blended, and/or online formats, in accordance with academic expertise and institutional need.
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.