Employee Type: Staff
Status: Part time – Non-exempt
Department: Office of Digital Learning
Reports to: Director of Digital Learning
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
This position exists for the purpose of supporting the design and development of online instructional materials in cooperation with digital learning staff.
Institutional Context – An understanding of Lancaster Bible College and its place in the non-profit educational world.
- A general understanding of higher education and a more specific understanding of Bible college education.
- A general awareness of the operation and philosophy of Lancaster Bible College.
- A clear understanding of the organizational structure of the College and its various departments.
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations, and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a team.
- A professional appearance.
Spiritual Abilities – Evidence of a desire to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.
- An identifiable salvation experience.
- A pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, and regular attendance at a local church or involvement in church ministry.
- A commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the same.
Education and Experience: to provide skilled backgrounds for the job tasks.
- High school diploma; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite and multimedia editing tools; familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Experience in a collaborative work environment.
- Experience in web design, graphic design, and/or video/audio editing preferred.
Required Skills/Abilities: to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Committed to precision, excellence, and attention to detail.
- Able to independently manage time, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Able to collaborate with remote and local teams in an open office environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Inclined toward creativity, flexibility, and willingness to adapt to unexpected obstacles.
- Aptitude for innovation, learning new processes, and acquiring new skills relative to instructional technology.
Duties/Responsibilities: to determine specific tasks required of the position.
- Collaborate with instructional designers to develop online and/or blended courses in accordance with industry-standard instructional design procedures and practices.
- Build and reset online and blended courses.
- Produce multimedia through documentation, templatizing, captioning, and video/audio editing.
- Supervise student worker(s) through course production process.
- Assist in the assessment of course quality in accordance with institutional, accreditation, and industry standards.
- Assist in the management of the portfolio of online and blended courses.
- Support research and experimentation for office projects.
- Assist with user training and support for learning systems.
- Regularly attend chapel as an active member of our learning and worshiping community.
- Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.