Date posted: 12-17-2020
Employee Type: Professional Staff
Status: Full time/Exempt
Reports to: Manager Recruitment and Admissions
- Oversees activities of work-study students supporting admissions workflow
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This Adult Education Recruitment and Admissions Counselor recruits’ and facilitates admissions of students into the Adult Education degree programs of LBC | Capital.
- A professional appearance
- High regard for ethics and integrity
- Puts other ahead of personal goals
- Outspoken, candid, honest, and transparent
- Comfortable leading a team or being led on a team
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others
- A good listener who is highly organized and self-motivated
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably from a Bible College
- Experience in recruiting preferred, however, will consider candidates experienced in sales, vocational ministry, or marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Recruit students for Adult Education degree programs.
- Cultivate a desire in prospective students to attend LBC | Capital.
- Communicate and follow up with prospective students/applicants on a consistent basis.
- Use lead information collected through other website to actively recruit students.
- Speak with “walk-ins” and other prospective students pursuing a degree.
- Respond to phone calls, emails & web inquiries.
- Prepare reports and evaluations as directed by the Manager of Recruitment and Admissions.
- Maintain prospective student database in Student Information System and CRM System.
- Learn and test new recruitment strategies – training as needed in best recruitment practices.
- Participate in review of marketing materials.
- Assist in aspects of student services as needed.
- Compile, assess and interpret student data, event outcomes, recruitment trends, market area trends and report findings to department leadership.
- Develop marketing strategies for recruiting quality students.
- Seek opportunities to engage and meet prospective students by participating in local, statewide, or national events, college fairs, or community outreaches, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.