Employee Type: Professional staff
Status: Full time/Exempt
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Chief Enterprise Architect / Security Officer
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This position exists for the purpose of providing support and continuous process improvements specific to the college’s Student Information System leading to effective instructional practices, clear communication, and operational efficiencies for all related departments.
Personal Qualities – The ability to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills, and limitations and to use this understanding profitably.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems field or 5 years’ experience in Student Information Systems, configuration and support.
- Demonstrated record of continuous learning to stay abreast of changing and emerging trends in Information Technology.
- Previous experience in college environment required.
- Required experience with an industry standard Student Information System in an educational setting such as Anthology’s Nexus Student platform.
- Required experience with report writing software such as SSRS and analytics platforms such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient in a Microsoft software environment including Windows and Office.
- Learn the functional data and reporting of the major operational areas of the college that operate within the SIS.
- Maintain the integrity of all data housed in the SIS.
- Streamline SIS processes and consider best practices in all functional departments.
- Design, configure, test, and deliver SIS system processes and workflow enhancements to optimize overall college capabilities.
- Work with the SIS vendor, related system vendors, and professional services to implement new systems, enhancements, upgrades and provide overall system support.
- Be responsible for ensuring timely updates, reporting and maintenance of the SIS system.
- Provide excellent communication and timely escalation to the Chief Enterprise Architect / Security Officer regarding all projects and assigned applications.
- Maintain & implement SIS protocols, configuration parameters, and control requirements by creating and updating procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate and provide end user training specific to the SIS for all staff at all sites for product implementation, enhancements and upgrades.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Prepare and streamline data for automation to the college’s analytics platform.
- Provide services to assist with the Biblical Higher Education Consortium as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.