Employee Type: Staff Hourly
Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Emergency Designation: Essential/Non-Essential
Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Cleaning and handling chemicals
- Using floor and carpet cleaning machines
- Safely operate vehicles and other job related equipment
This position exists to perform the duties of a housekeeper in order to provide janitorial duties to College facilities.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ janitorial experience in maintenance field.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Evening/Night schedule required.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter with follow-through skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Think logically, clearly, and productively.
- Write clearly and professionally.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Work effectively with College personnel, students, outside groups, and volunteers in association with the College in an effective, objective, and fully communicative manner.
- Reading and understanding written and verbal instructions such as Work Order.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook email.
- Writing reports of actions taken and recommendations for a supervisor.
- Organized and detailed in professional and personal presentation.
- Maintain cleanliness and stock for the housekeeping supply closet.
- Maintain cleanliness and stock for the housekeeping vehicle.
- Provide quality control inspections on buildings and communicate problems with Manager.
- Attend Physical Plant team meetings and meet with Housekeeping Manager on a weekly basis.
- Primary assignment to the Good Shepherd Chapel (GSC) and other locations on campus as needed.
- Maintain campus buildings through regular cleaning, trash removal and organization of supply closets.
- Perform quality control checks.
- Report facility concerns to Director in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance for events as needed (i.e.-tear down, clean-up, etc.)
- Support the special needs during and after campus events.
- Respond with the department to inclement weather needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.