Employee Type: Professional Staff
Status: Full time – Exempt
Emergency Designation: Non-Essential
Reports to: Director of Athletics
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains seasonal coaches.
- Oversees the daily workflow of soccer administration.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
This position exists for the purpose of providing leadership and oversight to the women’s soccer program at Lancaster Bible College and assistance to the Athletics program.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred in a health or sport related field.
- Previous collegiate participation and/or coaching experience.
- A demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- A demonstrated ability to develop the academic, spiritual, physical, and social needs of college students.
- Ability to communicate the uniqueness of Lancaster Bible College to prospective students and parents
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Licenses: Current and valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work independently and have the ability to work evenings and weekends to accomplish the tasks necessary for success in this field.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of collegiate soccer rules and NCAA regulations.
Coaching Responsibilities –
- Prepare soccer team for full intercollegiate season that is compliant to the NCAA, NCCAA and NEAC guidelines.
- Recruit locally, regionally, and nationally student-athletes that are a mission fit to Lancaster Bible College and coordinate all aspects of recruitment.
- Fulfill the expectation of 24 mission fit players on the roster with 8 new recruits.
- Oversee the development of a culture that fits the philosophy of athletics and is a beacon to the LBC family and community.
- Demonstrate Christian values in attitudes, words, and actions at contests, practices, trips, meals, etc.
- Ensure devotional times are conducted by players/coaches and goals of the athletic department are achieved each season.
- Embrace the 3-tiered approach to the Student-athlete experience
- 1. Help student-athletes grow in their capacity as a student and as an athlete
- 2. Help student-athletes develop their character, according to a Biblical worldview.
- 3. Help student-athletes realize their capabilities and character are not merely for their benefit, but also to impact others.
- Organize and conduct traditional and non-traditional season practices.
- Select, supervise and evaluate assistant coaching staff.
- Verify roster accuracy for eligibility sheets; coordinate with compliance director.
- Oversee student-athletes academic progress and be available for consultation/support for student-athletes.
- Work closely with Sports Information Director to develop a media plan and be available for interviews and speaking engagements both internally and externally.
- Plan, organize a minimum of one camp that gets young girls playing soccer and exposed to Charger soccer.
- Represent soccer program at required conference and national meetings.
Athletic Responsibilities –
- Secondary duty will be in an area that fits the coach’s strength.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.