FAQs for Accelerated Financial Aid

Hide All

Show All

If I drop a course or withdraw, what will happen to my financial aid?

Dropping courses and withdrawing from LBC are academic actions that often have financial implications. It is your responsibility to understand the effects that these actions will have on your student financial aid. Dropping courses after the official add/drop period may result in your financial aid being adjusted. Withdrawal from the college may result in having your financial aid refunded. (See our federal aid refund policy.)

Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees tuition refunds for a 6 week course are granted according to the following schedule:

% of classes completed
0-10% - 100% Refund
11%-20% - 90% Refund
21%-30% - 75% Refund
31%-40% - 50% Refund
41%-50% - 25% Refund
51%-100% - No refund
Audit - No refund

If I still have money left over after paying my tuition, what happens to it?

When your total aid is greater than your billable charges for tuition, fees, room, and meals (if applicable), you may be eligible for a refund.

Refunds are made available to registered students after all (billable) charges are satisfied and student financial aid is disbursed on or after the first day of the semester. Financial aid for students in Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees program is not disbursed until the beginning of the second class. LBC has up to 14 business days to process and mail a credit refund, when applicable.

I have just learned that I must maintain "Satisfactory Academic Progress." What is it?

In order to maintain financial aid eligibility, a student must meet the following requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress:

Students enrolled in Accelerated Undergraduate Degrees:
  • Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 1.5 for 48 credits passed, 1.75 for 72 credits passed, 1.90 for 96 credits passed.
  • Must have a 67% completion rate

Maximum Time Frame for Completion of Education Objective:

Students must complete their degree program within 150% of the published length of their degree program.

Evaluation of Academic Progress:

For students enrolled in certificate programs or programs that are less than one year, evaluation of satisfactory academic progress will be done at the end of each payment period. If a student fails to make satisfactory academic progress at the end of the first payment period, they will be placed on “Academic Warning”. The student may continue to receive Title IV aid for one payment period and no appeal is necessary.

Otherwise all other students enrolled in programs longer than one year will be evaluated at the end of each academic year. The total (cumulative) academic record is considered when academic progress is considered when academic progress is evaluated (not just terms when financial aid was received). Students who are not successfully completing courses at the minimum levels as outlined are considered to be making unsatisfactory progress and will not be eligible for financial aid for the following semester.

Appeal Process:

Students may appeal financial aid termination status in writing on the appeal form included with this policy. Such appeals must be made within 30 days after the date of the letter of notification and must include appropriate request documentation. The appeal must be in written form, addressed to the Financial Aid Director for consideration by the Financial Aid Committee. Mitigating circumstances which would be considered upon appeal as adequate reasons for reinstatement would be:

  • student illness, accident or hospitalization
  • death or illness of parent or relative
  • other family emergencies or unusual circumstances

The appeal must include why the student failed to make satisfactory academic progress, what has changed that will allow the student to make satisfactory academic progress for the next semester.

If the appeal is granted the student will then be placed on “Academic Probation” and will be allowed to receive Title IV aid for the next payment period or be placed on academic plan that will ensure the student is able to meet satisfactory academic progress by a specific point in time.


Can I use my GI Bill?

Yes. You can use your Montgomery GI Bill for both our online and on-campus options.

If you are eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, you may also use that with our college. The Post-9/11 GI Bill pays up to $21,970.46 in tuition and fees. It also provides education benefits for service members who have served a minimum of 90 combined days on active duty after September 10, 2001.

Does LBC participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?

Yes. The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008.

This program allows U.S. institutions of higher learning (degree-granting institutions) to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. If your annual tuition would exceed the annual cap please contact our VA certifying official to complete the yellow ribbon application. www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/CH33/Yellow_ribbon.htm

Does LBC offer a reduced tuition rate for active military personnel?

The Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) offered to eligible members of the Army, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard covers up to $250 per credit hour for those on active duty. The ceiling for DoD TA is $250 per credit hour. We are pleased to report that for active-duty military personnel, we will offer a 25% tuition discount to graduate/seminary students. Must submit a copy of most recent LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) to the Financial Aid Office.

What if I am at sea with limited online connectivity?

Our online courses are asynchronous – you don't have to be online with other students and/or your professor at a specific time. Typically, your professor will post assignments or discussion questions that are due by the end of the week. Most of your coursework is offline, so you will require relatively little online time to download information and post assignments or discussion responses. Our professors understand the unpredictable nature of your military service and will work with you to help create a schedule for completing assignments around changes due to last-minute military needs.

Do I have to come to LBC's campus for any part of my education?

There is no requirement to come to our campus to earn a degree from our college. You have the option of attending one of our graduation ceremonies, but if you can't make graduation, we'll send you your diploma and all other items you would have received at the graduation ceremony.

Can LBC assist my non-military spouse?

Spouses of military service members may want to explore aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa.

What’s your next step?


Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is an equal opportunity institution that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification), ancestry, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, admission to and enrollment with the College.