Church Matching Scholarship

Students must complete the Church Matching Scholarship Application. LBC will provide a matching scholarship up to $500 for each the fall and spring terms.  Funds from the church must be submitted by August 1 (for fall term) and January 5 (for spring term) in order to be matched. Students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA, be enrolled full-time and be in good standing with the college. Note: Students who receive the Project Bridges Scholarship are not eligible for the Church Matching Scholarship.

Fahler/Johnson Graduate Scholarship

Awarded to students enrolled in the Master of Ministry program. Amounts vary.

International Student Scholarship

30% tuition scholarship awarded to international students.

Perry Graduate Scholarship

Awarded to students enrolled in the MA in Biblical Studies or MA in Ministry degree programs.

Graduate Assistant (GA) and Teaching Assistant (TA)

The GA will assist their academic program department, while the TA will assist a professor in teaching an undergraduate course. Contact Capital for more information.

PhD Research Assistant (RA)

The RA will assist in his or her academic program department. Contact the PhD Program Director for more information.

Steinman Fellowships (Grant for Mental Health Studies)

The fellowships are named for John Steinman, former publisher of Lancaster Newspapers Inc., and are granted for a master’s or doctoral level study in psychiatry, psychology, and social work. Additional information is available online at Application deadline is February 1.

Project Bridges Scholarship

This is a 25% tuition scholarship to students whose church is a member of Project Bridges. Students receiving this scholarship are ineligible for the Church Matching Scholarship. Complete the required application (pdf). This scholarship is not applicable to students enrolled in the PhD program. Application deadline is August 1 for the fall semester and January 15 for the spring semester. 

Other Outside Resources

Veterans Benefits

Available to veterans of the Armed Forces or National Guard Reservists. Apply through your local VA office. Amounts vary. VA phone: 888.442.4551

Vocational Rehabilitation

For physically or mentally challenged students. Apply at your local vocational rehabilitation office. Pennsylvania residents: OVR phone: 800.762.6306